Webinar on Online Teaching offered by ATHENA European University Consortium, 27th of April, 4th & 7th of May 2020
An immediate, efficient and effective response to the challenges posed by the Covid19 pandemic to students, academic teachers and universities is required.
The crucial challenges by stakeholder group in higher education include the following:
Challenges for students
- Impact on study plans
- Change of delivery method from face to face to online format
- Emotional support from teachers and universities while studying under a lockdown environment
- Collecting feedback from students on their view of the challenges
Challenges for academic teachers
- Integration of online technology in their teaching
- Selection of appropriate pedagogical approach for synchronous and asynchronous online teaching
- Emotional support for themselves along online teaching
- Best way to offer emotional support to students along online teaching
- The next day: Integration of online and blended teaching methods when we exit from lockdown
Challenges for Institutions along Covid19 crisis
- Emotional support for students and academic teachers during this period
- Impact of Covid19 to students and staff mobilities on the frame of the Erasmus Plus Program
- Support to international students during this period
- The next day: integration of online and blended teaching schemes
The Hellenic International Relations Office of the Hellenic Mediterranean University from Greece and EVM, an SME from Spain, involved very actively in the Erasmus & Horizon 2020 projects and the ATHENA European University Consortium took the initiative to organize a Webinar focused mostly on the challenges of Academic Teachers along their transition from face to face teaching to online teaching (as mentioned above).
All the speakers participating in the Webinar have expertise in online teaching technology, online teaching pedagogy and online teaching offered emotional support. We have contributions from: Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel), Israel Institute of Technology (Israel), MEITAL (Israel), Abdullah Gul University (Turkey), University of Cusano (Italy), Universita Telematica Internationale (Italy), UMIT (Austria), University of Passau (Germany), Aalborg University (Denmark), Karlstad University (Sweden), AP University of Applied Science & Arts (Belgium), UNED (Spain), IPP (Portugal) and University of La Laguna (Spain). In the future this wonderful team will address the challenges and the opportunities that arise during this difficult moment.
I hope that you will join us.
You can find more information by clicking here